Application and Removal Tips
Several users of Kinesiology tape routinely express their interest in learning the best method for effective taping. So here is our step-by-step rundown through how to apply SKINES Body Tape for maximum effectiveness.
Before you begin:
- Clean the skin with water and pat it dry.
- Ensure that the skin is free from any residual grease and sweat.
- Since Kinesiology tapes do not stick well on hairy skin, we recommend removing hair from the area.
Instructions for applying SKINES Body Tape:
- Firstly, it's the best to use precut. If not, cut the tape around the base and the anchors. This ensures that the tape is better applied to the skin and stays on longer.
- Peel off the paper and rest the tape with the adhesive side on the skin. Please remember that the base and armature of kinesiology tapes are applied without stretching.
- Ensure that there are no folds in the tape or the skin under the tape. This can cause discomfort and, in some cases, even blisters.
- Using your fingers or your palm, gently rub against the tape immediately after it’s applied. This helps with better application and strong adhesion.
- Please be advised that there could be some itching or irritation under the tape after it’s applied. This is normal. The itching will gradually subside within 15-20 minutes.
- However, if the itching or irritation lasts longer than 30 minutes, you must immediately remove the tape, and a new one will have to be applied.
- You can also consider treating the skin with 3M Cavilon Barrier Film spray before applying the tape. This can prevent skin irritation and increases the adhesive strength of the body tape.
Instructions for removing SKINES Body Tape:
- It is crucial to always keep in mind that you must remove kinesiology tapes gently and carefully.
- The easiest way to remove the body tape is with the help of baby oil. Acrylic adhesive dissolves quicker in oil. Using baby oil, therefore, helps with the painless removal of the tape.
- Tighten the skin, then gently pull the tape off.
- It is essential that the body tape is removed carefully. Recklessly removing kinesiology tapes can certainly chafe your skin off or may cause blisters.